As summer approaches and demand for water increases, Riviera Utilities would like to remind everyone to conserve water. Ways to conserve include:
1. Only water your lawn when necessary. If you water your lawn or garden, only do it once a week, if rainfall is not sufficient.
2. Repair leaking toilets. Add 12 drops of food coloring into the tank, and if color appears in the bowl one hour later, your toilet is leaking.
3. Repair leaking faucets, inside and outside.
4. Consider replacing old appliances (like toilets, dishwashers, and washing machines)
5. Install faucet aerators.
6. Only run the dishwasher and washing machine when they are full.
7. Take short showers instead of baths.
8. Always use a broom to clean walkways, driveways, decks and porches, rather than hosing off these areas.
9. When washing a car, wet it quickly, then use a bucket of water to wash the car. Turn on the hose to final rinse (or let mother nature wash your car when it rains).
10. Turn the water off while brushing your teeth or shaving.